Do you ever crave pancakes for dinner? Well I know I do! These are a healthier version of pancakes that still taste aaaaamazing! The texture is fluffy and smooth. Hope everyone enjoys this easy peasy recipe!
For the pancakes:
- 1 1/3 cups rolled Oats
- 1 1/3 cups Water
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder (aluminum free)
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Coconut oil for greasing pan
For the pumpkin topping:
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
First you want to make the pumpkin seed topping. You can use any other nuts or seeds if you don’t have pumpkin or opt out.
- Set the oven to broil.
- Coat the pumpkin seeds with coconut oil, coconut sugar, and cinnamon. Put them on a pan with parchment paper.
- Put them in the oven for about 30 seconds, keeping a close eye on them because they will burn easily. Take it out, let cool and set aside for later.
Now we can start putting together the main act, those pancakes baby!
- Mix all the ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor, blend till smooth. I also added in a scoop of the Vega sport protein powder in vanilla. (If you don’t have a blender mix all the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl, then add the wet ingredients and mix well.)
- Let the mix rest for a couple minutes while you start heating up your pan (cast iron preferably) and grease with about a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Pour about a third cup of the mixture in the pan or however much is desired. Cook till you start seeing bubbles and dryness on the corners about 2 minutes.
- You can add in any fruit or chocolate chips at this point before you turn them, I added frozen blueberries because they have lots of antioxidants.
- Flip and cook for another 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Now you can add your pumpkin seed topping and maple syrup. These are absolutely delicious!